The weekend basketball initiative is a collaborative effort by the Department of Sports & Youth Service, Government, and Odisha Basketball Association to promote the game of basketball amongst young athletes. The objective of the initiative is to create a platform that enables the identification and nurturing of young talent.
For the first year, the initiative aims to hold weekend basketball matches in four major cities in Odisha, namely, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, and Rourkela. The matches will be held in 3 different categories as mentioned below.
1. Under – 13 (Players Born on or After January 1, 2008)
2. Under – 16 (Players Born on or After January 1, 2006)
3. Under – 18 (Players Born on or After January 1, 2003)
In this regard, we invite schools/academies/clubs in the respective cities to register their team to participate in the weekend basketball matches. The teams must keep in mind the following terms and conditions at the time of registration.
• All Schools/clubs/academies must be located in Bhubaneswar/Cuttack/Berhampur/Rourkela.
• Each team must register at least 7 and a maximum of 10 players in any given category
• One player is only eligible to participate in one category and one team.
• All teams shall ensure that players registered have a valid date of birth proof before registration. Any discrepancies in the date of the birth of players may result in the disqualification of the team.
• All teams must submit the shirt numbers of the player latest before 2 days of the matches. Any change of shirt number of the players during the competition is not permitted.
• The basketball matches will be played as per the Basketball Federation of India rules and regulations.
• The organiser has the sole right to modify/alter/cancel the schedule venue of the matches prior to the knowledge of the teams.
• All teams and players must play the game with the spirit of fair play and competition.