Date: 22nd to 25th August 2022
Venue: Andheri Sports Complex, JP Road, Near Azad Nager Merto Station , Andheri.
Participants can call +91-9319483219 to register their participation
Junior Badminton Championship (JBC) was introduced by PNB MetLife in 2015. It is a one-of-its-kind badminton tournament which promotes the sport at grassroot level. PNB MetLife JBC is recognized by the states association, and participation in the tournament is open for all Badminton Association of India (BAI) registered and its state-affiliated players.
After a hiatus of 2 years PNB MetLife JBC is back with its Sixth edition. This year the tournament will be played across 12 cities namely, New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Thrissur, Guwahati, Ranchi, Lucknow, Indore, and Surat.
The sixth edition of PNB MetLife JBC will be played across the following 10 age categories:
● U – 9 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 11 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 13 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 15 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 17 (Boys & Girls)
● Players of any school/college/academy/club from India are eligible for participation in the PNB MetLife Junior Badminton Championship.
● The age of the participating player will be determined solely based on the valid date of birth proof registered within one year of Birth/BAI/State ID.
● Any Indian player/participant residing overseas is also eligible to participate in this tournament provided they hold a valid Indian passport.
All matches (singles events) will be played on a knockout basis.
● Each player will play 11 points best of 3 games (based on the number of entries received)
● Finals will be of 15 points best of 3 games
● Player/participant will be permitted to play in a maximum of two (2) categories (as per the mentioned age category) in this proposed event.
● Players have to arrange their own badminton racquets and gear.
● It is mandatory for all participants to register before entering the venue. ● Participants can call +91-9319483219 to register their participation● A food box will be provided to all participants between 12.30 PM to 2.00 PM