Date: 2nd to 6th October 2023
Venue: CUROSPORT, Andheri Sports Complex, Mumbai
REGISTER NOW +91 9820006190
PNB MetLife’s endeavour to transform the junior badminton players of our country into champions, gave birth to Junior Badminton Championship (JBC) which was launched in the year 2015. Since the launch we have conducted 6 seasons of the championship. This action-packed tournament supports our dream of promoting this popular sport amongst the 7-17- year-old players. PNB MetLife’s JBC has provided a wonderful platform for the young and aspiring talent, to hone their skills and become leading badminton stars of tomorrow. This pioneering initiative has earned the full-fledged support of the badminton fraternity in India.
After setting a World Record for most number of participants for a badminton tournament (multiple venues) in 2022, PNB MetLife JBC is back in 2023 with its seventh edition. This year the tournament will be played across 10 cities namely, Guwahati, Kochi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ranchi, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jalandhar and Delhi.
The seventh edition of PNB MetLife JBC will be played across the following 10 age categories:
● U – 9 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 11 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 13 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 15 (Boys & Girls)
● U – 17 (Boys & Girls)
● Players of any school/college/academy/club from India are eligible for participation in the PNB MetLife Junior Badminton Championship.
● The age of the participating player will be determined solely based on the valid date of birth proof registered within one year of Birth/BAI/State ID.
● Any Indian player/participant residing overseas is also eligible to participate in this tournament provided they hold a valid Indian passport.
● Players officially residing in the home state can participate in their respective state tournament. However, players residing in Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to participate in the Punjab Open at Jalandhar.
All matches (singles events) will be played on a knockout basis.
● Each player will play 11 points best of 3 games (based on the number of entries received)
● Finals will be of 15 points best of 3 games
● Player/ participant will be permitted to play in a maximum of two (2) categories (as per the mentioned age category) in this proposed event.
● Players have to arrange their own badminton racquets and gear.
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐩𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 & 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞:
● Players shall be dressed appropriately in T-Shirt/polo, shirt/ Shorts/skirt.
● Inappropriate clothing (amongst other items) include jeans, flip-flops/sandals, and beach/Bermuda shorts.
● The Referee holds the right to decide if a player is inappropriately dressed.
● Brandings/sponsorship/player/state names on playing apparel as per State Association guidelines.
● Shoes with dark soles will not be allowed in the venue. Only shoes with gum, canvas, and full white soles will be allowed.
𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬:
● It is mandatory for all participants to register before entering the venue.
● 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 +𝟗𝟏-9820006190 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
● A food box will be provided to all participants between 12.30 PM to 2.00 PM.